Looking to lose a few pounds while you get super healthy, increased flexibility, and increased well-being? We highly recommend this program. Click The Banner To Find Out More!
WELCOME! Get in on the chatter about food justice and GMOs over at: http://www.jenbtv.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-gmos/
EPISODE SUMMARY: GMO farming has been causing a lot of controversy. Genetically Modified Organisms mean that the genes that make up our food are being changed. Why are things like GMO labeling important? Should you shop for organic food instead? We talk with Robyn O’Brien, the Erin Brockovich of the food movement, about what that means for staying healthy and protecting the food supply.
WHY THIS MATTERS
1) We don’t know the long-term effects of GMOs even though 90% of our food has them.
2) Monsanto has been spraying more pesticides on “Roundup ready” crops so we’re losing more of our pollinators like bees and butterflies.
3) Big agribusinesses hurts small farms.
3 SMALL THINGS YOU CAN DO THAT MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE:
1) Buy local and shop organic to avoid GMO foods.
2) Support GMO labeling laws at the polls.
3) Avoid harmful herbicides by using natural weed killers instead.
Be sure to check out the site and subscribe to our weekly e-mail to never miss an episode and have the chance to win our favorite eco products! http://www.jenbtv.com
LET’S BE FRIENDS
* Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Jenbtv
* Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/JenBoulden
* Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/JenBoulden
* Google+: http://www.google.com/+jenbtv
* Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/jenboulden