Looking to lose a few pounds while you get super healthy, increased flexibility, and increased well-being? We highly recommend this program. Click The Banner To Find Out More!
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking go to charity).
DESCRIPTION: There are appear to be no consistent differences in the level of vitamins and minerals in organic versus conventionally grown produce, but organic fruits and vegetables have more phenolic phytonutrients.
This is the first of a 5-part video series summarizing the best available science comparing the nutritional content, pesticide risk, heavy metal toxicity, and food poisoning risk of organic versus conventionally raised foods, including a video on practical tips for making your own DIY fruit and veggie wash. Here’s a list of the next four queued up:
• Are Organic Foods Safer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-organic-foods-safer)
• How to Make Your Own Fruit and Vegetable Wash (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-make-your-own-fruit-and-vegetable-wash)
• Are Organic Foods Healthier? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-organic-foods-healthier)
• Are the Benefits of Organic Food Underrated or Overrated? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-the-benefits-of-organic-food-underrated-or-overrated)
I imagine that the reaction to this series will be similar to that of the one I did on GMO foods, riling up critics on both sides of the debate:
• Are GMOs Safe? The Case of Bt Corn (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-gmos-safe-the-case-of-bt-corn/)
• Are GMOs Safe? The Case of Roundup Ready Soy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-gmos-safe-the-case-of-roundup-ready-soy/)
• Is Monsanto’s Roundup Pesticide Glyphosate Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-monsantos-roundup-pesticide-glyphosate-safe/)
• GMO Soy and Breast Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/gmo-soy-and-breast-cancer/)
More on the nutritional implications of stressed-out plants here:
• Is Hydroponic Basil as Healthy? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-hydroponic-basil-as-healthy/)
• Xenohormesis: What Doesn’t Kill Plants May Make Us Stronger (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/xenohormesis-what-doesnt-kill-plants-may-make-us-stronger/)
• Appropriating Plant Defenses (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/appropriating-plant-defenses/)
The wild video about the reversal of esophageal cancer progression with strawberries can be found here: Strawberries versus Esophageal Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/strawberries-versus-esophageal-cancer/). Production method aside, in vitro, Which Fruit Fights Cancer Better? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-fruit-fights-cancer-better/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-organic-foods-more-nutritious and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://www.bit.ly/NFpodcast
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate